It’s been 2 months since I became the leader of the Sharp Arch Contrib project, and I have meant to write the post since.
Tom Cabanski has done a great job in the contrib project, yet since the initial announcement of contrib, there hasn’t been much contributions by the community to the project, even the contributions I made have been limited, mostly because I am not that creative and don’t know what features to add!
The next release of the contrib project will come out sometime after Sharp Architecture 2.0 is released, and has the following feature planned:
- NHibernate.Search – Generic implementation for adding indexing and searching to Sharp Architecture using NHibernate.Search
- Rhino.Security – Haven’t decided on this yet, I am open to suggestions.
- A Windsor managed MembershipProvider based on Mauricio Scheffer’s solution.
- Change the registration of logging, transaction and exception interceptors to use hooks and selectors. This functionality might be completely removed if Postsharp is added to Sharp Architecture with similar functionality.
- Clean up and update documentation.
All these features are inspired by repeated question on the mailing list, as I said, I am not very creative! :)
So as you can see, there isn’t much planned, what comes next will largely depend on you, the community. The main repository is here, fork and work on the ‘develop’ branch or if you have any suggestions, or an idea that you want to discuss, please do so on the mailing list.